Counselling aims to provide an opportunity for you to explore your difficulties and work towards making positive changes.
While this may be a difficult journey at times, it is hoped that this will enable you to live your life in a more satisfying way.
How it blossoms…
Counselling involves meeting with your counsellor over a period of time.
Counselling is a two way therapeutic relationship between you and your counsellor in a secure and confidential setting.
Counselling involves a joint effort between you and your counsellor and can involve:
- Talking about and exploring your concerns
- Discovering how your ways of thinking affect your feelings and behaviour "Your mind is like a parachute it only works when open."
- Making changes to your behaviour and ways of thinking
- Looking at past experiences and how they influence your current difficulties
- Discovering new ways of coping and exploring positive ways of living
- Acknowledging what is